|Davidson-Arabia Preserve to host Winter Wellness series|
LITHONIA—Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve will host A Winter Wellness Series beginning this month.
The community is invited to get fit, learning healthy eat habits and bike and hike.
The wellness program schedule at Davidson-Arabia Nature Center, 3787 Klondike Road, Lithonia, is listed below:
Exercise and Aerobics
Join Fitness Instructor DeQuanda Sanders for dynamic cardio and aerobic workouts in the Nature Center or by trail. Please bring a water bottle and a mat. Participants will meet in the nature center classroom. Classes will be on the following Saturdays from 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. and noon – 1:30 p.m.:
· Jan. 12
· Feb. 9
· March 9
Real Talk, Real Food, Real Spirit forum Series
Participate in lively and enlightening discussions about wellness, nourishing foods and spirituality. Gather at the fireplace in the nature center. Classes will be held on the following Saturdays from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.:
· Jan. 12 – Life Purpose and Nature. Facilitated by Tyrone Burkette, Preserve Volunteer.
· Feb. 9 – Why Raw Food? Facilitated by Deborah Summerville of Wonderland Gardens.
· March 9 – Is Healthy Soul Food Possible? Facilitated by Deborah Summerville.
Hike/Bike for the Health of it
Get moving and see the Nature Preserve by trail and PATH. Hikes are moderate, 2-5 miles. Meet at the Nature Center with your own water bottle. Classes will be on the following Sundays at 8 a.m.
· Jan. 27 – Hike with Ranger Robby
· Feb. 10 – Hike with Ranger Robby