|Mom expected to attend service for kids who perished in fire|
|Written by Valerie J. Morgan|
Conyers Dairy Queen to host fundraiser
Reeba Glass, the 28-year-old Conyers mother who lost four children in a house fire last week, was expected to be released today from Grady Memorial Hospital’s burn unit, those close to the case say.
Glass, who suffered burns over 40 percent of her body, wants to attend the memorial service for her four children on Saturday. The service is scheduled at 11 a.m. at Springfield Baptist Church, 1877 Iris Drive, Conyers.
Sources said they did not know if Glass would have to return to the hospital following the service. They also did not whether Glass’ 6-year-old son who authorities say started the fire playing with a cigarette lighter would attend the memorial.
Pastor Billie Cox, who will deliver the eulogy, said the media would not be permitted inside the sanctuary, but allowed outside on the church’s campus.
Meanwhile, the Dairy Queen restaurant at 1235 Dogwood Drive, Conyers plans to donate 10 percent of its sales on Monday, the King Holiday, to the Glass memorial fund at Wells Fargo Bank.
The restaurant also sponsored a birthday party last Friday at Shoals Creek Elementary School for Dar’Shawn Glass, one of the children who perished in the fire. The child, who would have turned 8, attended school with the Dairy Queen operator’s daughter. The three other siblings are Ah’Dariya Glass, 9 years old; Armoni Roberts, 3 years old; and Deon Glass, 8 months old.
“We just want to do what we can to help the family,” said Keish Momin.