|Gwinnett property tax bills on the way|
Gwinnett County will mail its 2012 property tax bills by Aug. 15.
The bills must be paid by Oct. 15, or there will be penalty fees added.
Unpaid bills are subject to a 10% penalty, and any unpaid amount is subject to a 1% monthly interest charge.
This notice is for Gwinnett County only as property tax bills are due during different period, depending on where you live.
There are several ways for Gwinnett property owners to pay their tax bill:
• Online with e-check (free)
• Online with credit card (a 2.29% convenience fee applies)
• Mail a check or money order to: Gwinnett CountyTax Commissioner Department of PropertyTax P.O. Box 372 Lawrenceville, GA 30046 – 0372
• Drop a check or money order at any Gwinnett government offices’ drop-off boxes
• Pay by cash, check or money order at any tax commissioner location
If you have an escrow account, your property tax information will be made available to your mortgage company; however, it is ultimately the responsibility of the property owner to ensure taxes are paid.
If you have questions about whether your mortgage company will be paying your taxes, contact them directly, especially if the company has recently changed.
Visit GwinnettTaxCommissioner.com to pay or for more information.