Interested in becoming a firefighter with DeKalb County Fire Rescue? The next open application period begins Dec. 29.
The hiring process with DeKalb County Fire Rescue consist of the following steps:
Demonstration of Aptitude – Candidates can demonstrate aptitude by providing any of the following:
- Currently licensed by National Registry orState of Georgia Emergency Medical Technician – Basic (EMT-B) or above
- Completion of an Associates Degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Submitting standardized test scores, taken within 36 months of application, that meet the minimum scores accepted by DeKalb County Fire Rescue (see below)
- SAT: Verbal/Critical Reading – 430 and Math – 400
- ACT: English – 17, Math – 17, and Reading – 15
- ASSET:Reading – 38, Writing – 38, and Math – 39
- COMPASS: Reading – 70, Writing – 38, Algebra or Pre-Algebra – 37
- ACCUPLACER: Reading Comprehension – 55, Sentence Skills – 60, and Arithmetic – 34
- Physical Agility Test (PAT)
- Oral Interview
- Background screening
- Medical Evaluation and Physical
To fill out a Job Interest Form, visit: https://www.dekalbcountyga.gov/fire-rescue/become-dekalb-firefighter. A recruiter will contact you personally to discuss a career with DeKalb County Fire Rescue.
Inquiries and requests for more information can be sent to: email@example.com 678-406-7778.