DeKalb County Sheriff Jeffrey L. Mann invites the public to participate in a one-day, hands-on firearm safety program on Saturday, Oct. 13, 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., at the DeKalb Sheriff’s Office, Firing Range, 3405 N. Goddard Road, Lithonia.
The Firearm Safety Day will help you become familiar with your personal firearm and learn how to discharge it safely.
Firearm Safety Day At A Glance:
- 30-minute firearms Instruction seminar, hourly 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- S.W.A.T. weapons demonstration, noon
- How to load and discharge your firearm safely
- How to aim at and hit a target
- How to secure your firearm safely (free gun lock for each firearm owner)
- How to talk to your children about firearm safety in the home
- “Gun Carry” laws in Georgia
While individual reservations are not required, groups of 10 or more should call by Friday, Oct. 12, 5 p.m. to ensure space availability: 404-298-8175. Participants must be 28 or older and proof of age is required for use of firearms on the range. Pets will not be allowed inside the property.