DeKalb Clerk of State and Magistrate Courts will begin accepting customers on an appointment-only basis beginning Monday, Nov. 2.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, essential matters have been facilitated virtually since the initial statewide emergency order issued on March 13. Provisions in the Oct. 9 local emergency order allow reopening under specific guidelines to protect the health and safety of the public and court personnel.
Before scheduling an appointment and visiting the office of the Clerk of State and Magistrate Courts you should know the following:
- Customers are encouraged to submit filings electronically at https://georgia.tylerhost.net/ofsweb/ and to seek remote assistance via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-371-2261.
- If in-person assistance is necessary, appointments can be made at https://dekalbstatecourt.net/schedule-an-appointment/ for Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Please be on time for your appointment to be respectful of others.
- These appointments are only applicable to the 2nd Floor location at 556 N. McDonough St. Decatur, GA.
- If you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, do not come to the courthouse. You will not be permitted to enter the building.
- All visitors must wear a mask or face covering while in the courthouse.
- Everyone requesting entry must submit to a questionnaire and temperature check. If you have an elevated temperature, you will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Children under the age of 18 are prohibited from entering the courthouse, unless they are parties to or necessary for a case.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 404-371-2261.