State lawmakers will explore ways to encourage minority participation in Georgia’s film and television production industry with the appointment of a new House study committee.
Speaker of the House David Ralston (R-Blue Ridge) has appointed the following members to the House Study Committee on Georgia Minority Participation in the Film & Television Production Industry:
- Rep. “Able” Mable Thomas – Chair (D-Atlanta)
- Rep. Patty Bentley (D-Butler)
- Rep. James Beverly (D-Macon)
- Rep. Pam Dickerson (D-Conyers)
- Rep. Brett Harrell (R-Snellville)
- Rep. Calvin Smyre (D-Columbus)
- Rep. Ron Stephens (R-Savannah)
The study committee was created by House Resolution 1577.