MARTA will roll out three new bus routes and modify 32 existing routes beginning Saturday, Dec. 9.
The MARTA Board of Directors adopted the route additions and adjustments to improve on-time performance and provide more direct service.
Route 40: Peachtree Street/Downtown: Route 40 creates a link between West End Station and Arts Center Station. The route will travel on Lee Street, Ralph David Abernathy Boulevard, McDaniel Street, Whitehall Street, Peachtree Street and 15th Street.
- Operates every 30 minutes, seven days a week
- Relieves congestion at Five Points Station
- Creates new bus connection between West End Station and Downtown Atlanta
Route 142: East Holcomb Bridge Road: Route 142 begins at the Mansell Road Park & Ride Lot and travels south on Georgia 400 to Holcomb Bridge Road. The route runs east on Holcomb Bridge Road to Spalding Road and River Exchange Drive in Sandy Springs, then returns west. Passengers can transfer to bus routes at the Mansell Road Park & Ride Lot to connect to the North Springs Transit Station or other parts of North Fulton served by existing bus service.
- Introduces new service in East Roswell from GA 400 to the Gwinnett County line
- Provides connections to destinations across North Fulton via Routes 85, 140, 141 at Mansell Park & Ride
- Service will initially be provided Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. but may increase if ridership warrants
- Will operate every 30 minutes during peak times and every 40 minutes during midday
Route 295: Metropolitan Campus Express: Route 295 operates between Lakewood Station and the campuses of Atlanta Technical College and Atlanta Metropolitan State College. It travels on Main Street, Langford Parkway, Perkerson Road, Langston Drive, Metropolitan Parkway and Casplan Street to the campus bus stops. Return service travels on Casplan Street, Metropolitan Parkway, Dill Avenue, Lee Street and Astor Avenue.
- New direct express service between Lakewood Station, Atlanta Metropolitan State College and Atlanta Technical College
- Operates every 20 minutes between 7:45 a.m. and 9:55 a.m. and again from 12:05 p.m. and 6:15 p.m., whenever classes are in session
MARTA bus modifications include:
Route 3: Martin Luther King Jr. Drive/Auburn Avenue; Route 4: Thomasville/Moreland Avenue/MTC; Route 6: Emory; Route 12: Howell Mill Road/Cumberland; Route 13: Atlanta Student Movement Boulevard/Hunter Hills; Route 16: Ralph McGill/North Highland/Lenox; Route 19: Clairmont Road; Route 24: Hosea L Williams Drive/McAfee Road; Route 32: Bouldercrest; Route 36: North Decatur Road/Virginia Highland; Route 37: Defoors Ferry Road; Route 42: Pryor Road/McDaniel Street; Route 49: McDonough Boulevard; Route 55: Jonesboro Road/Hutchens Road/Forest Pkwy; Route 74: Flat Shoals; Route 78: Cleveland Avenue; Route 81: Venetian Hills; Route 86: Peachcrest Road/Snapfinger Road/Fairington Road; Route 95: Metropolitan Parkway/Hapeville; Route 107: Glenwood Road; Route 110: Peachtree Street/“The Peach”; Route 111: Snapfinger Woods Drive/Stonecrest; Route 115: Covington Highway/South Hairston Road; Route 116: Redan Road/Stonecrest; Route 126: Northlake/Chamblee; Route 140: North Point Parkway; Route 141: Haynes Bridge Road/Milton; Route 155: Windsor Street/Lakewood Avenue/Polar Rock; Route 162: Alison Court/Delowe Drive; Route 172: Sylvan Road/Virginia Avenue; Route 186: Rainbow Drive/South DeKalb; Route 194: Conley Road/Mt. Zion
All route information, with descriptions and detailed maps are available at www.itsmarta.com.
For more information, contact MARTA Customer Service at 404-848-5000.