Out of an abundance of caution and due to President Trump and Governor Kemp declaring a state of emergency, Rockdale County Government is taking measures to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19.
Rockdale County is enacting a Daily Operation Protocol that will go into effect Tuesday, March 17 and will last until Friday, March 20, which is when executive county officials will make their decision on whether to continue the protocol into the next week.
Within the protocol, several measures have taken place to protect employees and citizens including shutting down access and limiting access to several facilities and meetings.
Residents will still have the ability to pay their water bill through Rockdale Water Services Customer Service via the county website at https://ipn2.paymentus.com/cp/rwr, via telephone at 1-844-396-2347 (which is available 24 hours), at the RWR drop box, located at 962 Milstead Avenue, Conyers and in person at United Community Bank, located at 1000 Highway 138 SE, Conyers. Anyone who is looking to establish or re-establish water service, please send an email to email@example.com.
The Department of Planning and Development will be closed.
Public Safety Personnel, Emergency Management Services, and the E911 Call Center will operate as normal.
For any questions or concerns, please send a direct message to the Rockdale County Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/RockdaleGov/, or by contacting the See Something, Say Something hotline at 770-278-7888 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised of the following meeting changes effective starting Friday, March 13:
- Shop Talk – All 4 events that were scheduled to happen on March 21, May 16, August 15, and October 17 have been postponed indefinitely. New Dates TBA.
- Chairman Oz Nesbitt Spring Break Enrichment Camp – The event that was scheduled for April 6th through April 8th, has been cancelled.
- The Rockdale State of the County Address will not be open to the public, however, it will be broadcast live via the Rockdale County Website and Facebook Pages at 3 p.m. on the scheduled date of event – Thurs., March 26.
- Animal Control Shelter – Closed, officers will still be responding to calls.
- Olivia Haydel Senior Center – Closed, no access to the public.
- Parks and Recreation – All activities and facility rentals temporarily suspended. Gated parks that will be completely closed with no access are: Black Shoals Park, Costley Mill Park and Johnson Park. All indoor Parks and Recreation Facilities will be close to the public.
- Rockdale County Homeowners and Civic Association Meeting – The meeting set for April 16 has been cancelled indefinitely.
- The Great American Clean-Up – The event set for April 11 at Pine Log Park has been postponed indefinitely; Date TBD.
- Rockdale Community Cleanup Campaign for Country Walk Subdivision – The event set for March 14 has been cancelled indefinitely.
In a previous release from the County, the Recycling Center was included in the closures. After further consideration, at this time Rockdale County will keep the Recycling Center open for business. This is an outdoor setting with limited contact. Staff will wear gloves when handling items.
These closures and procedures will remain in place until further notice. Rockdale County is monitoring the evolving situation involving the novel coronavirus. This is subject to change. Please continue to follow the Rockdale County Facebook Page at facebook.com/RockdaleGov and the Rockdale County website at rockdalecountyga.gov for information.