South DeKalb will show off its marching bands, step teams and many things that make its residents proud to call South DeKalb home at the 4th Annual Heart of South DeKalb Festival, which will be held 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., in the parking lot of the Gallery at South DeKalb mall near Macy’s.
The free outdoor festival is the largest event of its kind in South DeKalb. The day begins with a parade featuring high school bands, step teams, community organizations and leaders heading to the mall at 8:30 a.m., from New Life Church on Candler Road. Bring you chairs and enjoy a day of fun with the whole family. The festival’s theme this year is “honoring and Celebrating Our First Responders.
There will be:
- Food and retail vendors
- Book give-a-ways provided by DeKalb Library
- T.E.M. Competition sponsored by Women of AT&T
- DeKalb County resources, car show, job fair and health screenings
- All day entertainment from various performers and prizes
- Music mixer by DJ Rudy and the featured band—EZ Access!
- Sponsors include: DeKalb Convention and Visitors Bureau, Clerk of Superior Court Debra Deberry, Quick Trip (QT), D&K Suit City, Jude JP Boulee, Judge Mike Jacobs, State Rep. Rahn Mayo, Utley Chiropratic & Wellness Center and Bojangles restaurant.