The community is invited a workshop, “Surviving and Saving Tools for the Upcoming Tax Season,” on Oct. 29, 1 to p.m., at the Hairston Crossing Library, 4911 Redan Road, Stone Mountain.
The workshop will help attendees understand:
- The updates and changes for the 2016 Tax Season
- Audit triggers
- Filing Status – Knowing how to file correctly
- Itemized deductions versus standardized deductions
- Charitable donations versus non-charitable deductions
- Retirements and Investments to reduce your tax liability
The workshop is presented by Tau Pi Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. in partnership with the Council for Community Enrichment, Inc.; Hairston Crossing Public Library; How Great Thou Art, Inc.; and Primerica.