Rockdale County has created an Economic Development Taskforce committee to serve as a consistent line of communication between Rockdale County Government, the Rockdale County Development Authority and the Conyers Rockdale Economic Development Council (CREDC).
Board of Commissioners’ Chairman Oz Nesbitt, Sr, who appointed the eight-member task force, said the group will work cohesively to attract businesses to Rockdale.
“We believe this serves as an additional tool for what Rockdale County Government needs to do in our community to keep businesses coming,” said Nesbitt.
Mike Sullivan, Chairman of the Rockdale County Development Authority, commended the formation of the new task force committee.
“This opens a face-to-face dialogue, leads open communication and keeps key players on the same page,” Sullivan said.
The group is comprised of members of each entity acting as liaisons in their specific areas of knowledge. The members appointed are:
- Mike Sullivan, chairman of the Rockdale County Development Authority
- Will Barkley, Chief Tax Assessor and Taskforce Chair
- KC Krzic, Director of Planning and Development
- Terrell Gibbs, Director of Rockdale Water Resources
- Jorge Diez, Director of Public Relations
- Roselyn Miller, Director of Finance
- Corey Hambrick, Chief of Staff, who will serve as the primary liaison for the Chairman’s Office
- Marty Jones, CREDC
“It helps serve as a tool to help us get things done quicker, cut to the chase to usher in new business quicker,” said Jones.
The new Economic Development Taskforce will meet quarterly and is scheduled to hold its first meeting in March of 2019.